So, it seems that dreams really can come true. If you’re a preschooler and all you want to do is meet Thomas the Tank Engine, then a visit to Thomas Land at Drayton Manor Theme Park has everything you could ever want… and more!
What do you need to know? Thomas Land is open every weekend in March, even though the rest of Drayton Manor Theme Park is still closed for the winter. On Thomas & Friends Weekends in March you can take advantage of HALF PRICE TICKETS if you book in advance online. Amazing! Thomas Land is filled with so many fantastic rides and there’s also a Dinosaur Trail and a Zoo. We spent over 5 hours at Thomas Land and we still didn’t manage to see everything.
The new Sodor Airport café is a great addition to Thomas Land and it’s the perfect place to stop for a snack and a drink before climbing aboard some of our favourite rides: Jeremy Jet’s Flying Academy, Flynn’s Fire Rescue, Captain’s Sea Adventure and James & the Red Balloon. Mr 6’s favourite ride was the Troublesome Trucks Runaway Rollercoaster. Mr 3 couldn’t choose a favourite, because EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!
You can board the train at Knapford Station and relax for a moment as Thomas, Percy or Rosie takes you on a short train ride to Tidmouth Holt. There you can visit Terence’s Driving School and wander through the Dino Trail!
The sun appeared and we didn’t stop smiling all day. We went whizzing around on Harold’s Helicopter Tours, spinning on Rocking Bulstrode, whirring around on Winston’s Whistle Stop Tours and twirling around on the Dizzy Diesels.
There were plenty of places to stop, sit and have a picnic at lunchtime. Thomas Land isn’t huge but it never felt busy or cramped on our visit in March.
Thomas Land really is a fantastic day out for young families. Mr 3 has not stopped talking about his visit since we got home and there’s no doubt we will have to visit again… very soon!
TOP TIPS FOR A VISIT TO THOMAS LAND AT DRAYTON MANOR THEME PARK
- Thomas Land is at Drayton Manor Theme Park near Tamworth, Staffordshire. If you’re driving, then the suggested postcode for Sat Nav’s is B78 3SA
- On Thomas & Friends Weekends in March you can take advantage of HALF PRICE TICKETS if you book in advance online.
- There are lots of benches and picnic spots if you want to take your own food. We found it much quieter at Tidmouth Holt.
- Don’t miss the Dino Trail and the Zoo. We managed a quick walk around the Dino Trail but ran out of time to visit the Zoo!
- There are Thomas Land live shows on the hour at Knapford Station. Wait by the turntable and you can dance and sing along. We managed to catch a show with the Fat Controller!
- It is worth checking out the height restrictions before you go, especially if you’re one adult taking more than one child.
We received complimentary entry to Drayton Manor for the purpose of the review.