Willows Activity Farm featuring Peter Rabbit and Friends is a fantastic day out! The Easter Eggstravaganza features an amazing seven shows, starring favourites like Peter Rabbit, Squirrel Nutkin, Cotton-Tail, Lily Bobtail, Benjamin Bunny and the newest arrival… Mr Tod!
We were invited along to meet Mr Tod and explore Mr Tod’s Lair, the latest addition to Willows Activity Farm.
If you’re feeling brave then there are meet and greet sessions where you can take your own pictures with Mr Tod. He really is a friendly fox, just as long as you’re not a rabbit!
Outside Mr Tod’s Lair is the new Secret Squirrel Nutkin playground. There’s a roundabout, balance beams, climbing nets, a wobbly bridge, as well as climbing nets and slides at Squirrel Nutkin’s Treehouse. There’s also a new refreshments kiosk and picnic benches, so you can get a drink or one of Mr Tod’s Tasty Treats!
The new Mr Tod’s Lair and the Super Secret Squirrel Nutkin playground bring another area of Willows Farm to life. Mr Tod’s Lair has at least one tunnel where space is quite tight and it wasn’t easy for me to follow the boys, or to see where they’d gone to! The Secret Squirrel Nutkin playground is a much more open space, just beware of the smell of freshly-made donuts wafting temptingly over the playground – they were hard to resist!
A visit to the Willows Activity Farm Easter Eggstravaganza isn’t complete without a visit to the Easter Garden for the Easter Egg Hunt. There are wooden eggs hidden inside the Easter Garden. We had to find five different coloured eggs before we could claim our chocolate prize.
Fortunately the rain stayed away and we managed to see the Squirrel Nutkin Show and the Peter Rabbit, Lily Bobtail and Mr Tod Show. Then we had a ride on Tristan The Tractor and wandered over to the Farmyard to see the new baby pygmy goats, the lambs and the sleepy piglets.
There’s so much to do at Willows Activity Farm. We stayed for nearly 5 hours and we still didn’t manage to see and do everything in one day.
TOP TIPS FOR A VISIT TO WILLOWS ACTIVITY FARM EASTER EGGSTRAVAGANZA
- Willows Activity Farm is just off Junction 22 of the M25 on Coursers Road, near St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0PF.
- You can save money on your tickets if you book in advance, online.
- Pick up a programme of the day’s events at the entrance and keep an eye on the time! Make sure you see at least one of the live shows, they are fab!
- There are plenty of picnic benches if you want to take your own food.
- If you want to ride the slides in the Woolly Jumpers soft play you must wear socks and arms and legs must be covered. Make sure that you take socks, trousers and a long-sleeved t-shirt with you, whatever the weather.
We received complimentary entry to Willows Activity Farm for the purpose of the review.